Thursday, February 22, 2007

Birkie Update 2:14 p.m. Thursday

Jeff is at the Expo right now, getting his race packet and there is a poster that says that due to lack of snow the race will be canceled UNLESS they get sufficient snow tomorrow. The forecast calls for 40% chance of flurries. I don't think that will be enough. If it IS enough though, the start will still be pushed back to 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, and the course will be shortened to 23K.

We can't move to the frozen lake like we did for the Mora Vasaloppet because it's been melting for two days and it's just a sheet of ice and puddles.

Guess this is a lesson in "be careful what you wish for"... I didn't REALLY want it canceled...

On a brighter note, we started our swim workout this morning with a timed 100 yard sprint. I did 1:09 with a wall-pushoff! Then at the end of the workout (55 minutes, 2500 yards) we timed another one and I did a 1:10.

Guess triathlon season can kick in if skiing really is over...

9 comments:

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

1:09 - My goodness that is FAST. I'd love to be that fast. I think my fastest to date is a 1:22, but I haven't seen that for a while. I can hit 1:25...

Wow...

~K

momo said...

ah, jenny, i hope it doesn't get cancelled, all those training days for nothing? actually, i saw some of the video, it looked like you had a great time - those are pretty cool memories and now you know you CAN cross country ski. heck, i'll do it with you next year... LOL! where in the world would i train for that one??? i might just have to move in with you for the winter.

hey, that'd mean i could do the spinning in the kitchen, too!! got space?? :-)

Spokane Al said...

Wow, your really smoke in the water. Very impressive!

AmyTRIs said...

Oh my gosh your a fast swimmer!!! Hope your race doesn't get canceled.

RunBubbaRun said...

Wholly "birkie", I can't get even close to those 100 swim splits.. Dang that is fast.

Hope it snows heavy for you.. At least get some kind of race going.

Good luck..

Brian said...

Skiing,,,,whats skiing?? Us Florida kids arent familiar with that ;)

TJ said...

FISH!

marz_racer said...

Smokin' fast swim times. I might be able to hit those with fins and paddles. I hope you get to race this weekend!!!

Steve Stenzel said...

Hey, don't knock the start of tri season - I'm ready!!