Thursday, February 22, 2007

Birkie Update 2:14 p.m. Thursday

Jeff is at the Expo right now, getting his race packet and there is a poster that says that due to lack of snow the race will be canceled UNLESS they get sufficient snow tomorrow. The forecast calls for 40% chance of flurries. I don't think that will be enough. If it IS enough though, the start will still be pushed back to 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, and the course will be shortened to 23K.

We can't move to the frozen lake like we did for the Mora Vasaloppet because it's been melting for two days and it's just a sheet of ice and puddles.

Guess this is a lesson in "be careful what you wish for"... I didn't REALLY want it canceled...

On a brighter note, we started our swim workout this morning with a timed 100 yard sprint. I did 1:09 with a wall-pushoff! Then at the end of the workout (55 minutes, 2500 yards) we timed another one and I did a 1:10.

Guess triathlon season can kick in if skiing really is over...