Thursday, December 21, 2006

Let it snow!!!

Bobby nails me with a snowball.
Finally, FINALLY! It's December 21 -- the winter solstice -- the days will start getting longer tomorrow... and it finally snowed for the first time in Minnesota. It was a heavy wet snow, too, perfect for snowangels and snowmen.

Bob's up north ice fishing and playing poker and godknowswhatelse with his buddies for the weekend, which means I get to shovel the driveway, which is pretty much the only household chore I actually enjoy. I really should learn how to use the snowblower, because on days like today where there was a half inch of slush under the snow... let's just say I got in a two-fer workout of weights and cardio.

The kids' last day of school was today -- sweet!!!! They keep saying they can't wait for Christmas, they can't wait for Christmas, they can't wait..... Ally really wants a kitty (a real one) so we've been telling her that Bob is allergic, so she started advising us about allergy shots that Dad can get... That's the one big present that she's not getting. Bobby wants a snowboard, and will probably get it, so now I have to figure out how to NOT have Ally all upset that she didn't get her big gift when Bobby DID.... aye, aye, aye. If it were up to me, I'd get the kitty.

Short post today - gotta get out and play with my little treasures...


4 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like fun. we had our fun in the snow yesterday, but it started disappearing quickly today.

greyhound said...

When I was growing up in Ohio, I remember the news stories after the first big snow every year about so-and-so who had a heart attack shoveling the driveway.

I'd wager none of them were ironmen.

Comm's said...

I think she needs a cougar. If she can 'drive' with a cougar in the car, then she can win Talladega.

brendaj said...

The last time I shoveled was the DC blizzard of 96...and I was sore for days after that!