Friday, August 31, 2012

August 31, 2012 already?

I haven't posted in a couple of years.... if anyone is still out in blogger land, here's my update!

1). The kids are getting older:


 
Bobby starts high school on Tuesday?! He's 6 feet tall, swims year round for Lifetime, and runs on the cross country and swim teams for Wayzata High School. He still thinks it's cool to tell his friends he's a mama's boy, and I love that about him!!! A couple of days ago we were passing each other in the foyer and he just grabbed my hands and started dancing with me - no music - just his gleaming teenage smile, telling me he's so lucky I'm his mom. (No - I am the lucky one!) He loves video games and has some really great guy friends. He and his friend Jack are budding car-geeks. They and the dads have restored collector cars (Jack and his dad a GTO, and Bobby and Guy a Corvair). It's a 1963 Chevy Corvair Monza Spyder which they got up and running. It's all shiney now and they've even had it in a few car shows! He has already learned that it's a chick magnet when they tool around town.

Ally is so pretty and sweet! Still calls me Mama, and still likes me, too! I know that "pulling away stage" is supposed to start soon, but so far, so good. Knock wood. She's tall, too - 5'6"! and turned 12 last week. She also swims year round for Lifetime, but is now representing Wayzata West Middle School's team. She likes to help out with the car, too, and has her own pink mechanic's gloves. She changed the spark plugs, and helped remove the 50-year-old spring coils and shocks. Typical for her age, she loves 1Direction, and we have awesome seats for Justin Bieber on Oct 20th!!

I am getting older, too -- I hit the big 5-0 in February!

2). We all hate(d) cats, but we rescued Toby from the Humane Society a year ago, and now we all love cats.

3). Guy and I got married! He truly is my soul mate, and the kids and I adore him. He is a wonderful man in so many ways. He sets a towel out for me by the shower every morning, texts me love notes, holds my hand, carpools the kids, is so patient with their homework, likes just to sit on the porch, or surprise us with family-outings that are a secret until we get there :-)... He is a selfless, fun, caring, funny, tender man and I only hope I am able to show him how much I love him back. He is truly a gift from God to us.

4). Guy had cancer (melanoma), but after a few surgeries (one the size of a golfball), he is all cleaned up, and is a (sometimes) good sport when I slather him up with sunscreen or make him stay under an umbrella when we're outdoors.

5). I left Coca Cola to go work for a craft brewer, Summit Brewing Company, in St. Paul about a year and a half ago. LOVE it.

6). Guy's knees finally gave out and he no longer runs or bikes. But he is thankful to be back in the car-building hobby that he grew up with. He has built about 20 cars and he is enjoying keeping busy rebuilding the Corvair.


7). I no longer run much, either. Twice a week I run with my neighbor -- maybe 5 or 7 miles -- but that's it. I like sticking close to home and being with my family. I am very fond of my Ironman, Ultra and marathon memories., though, and I still like a long ride with Bobby.

That's the update. Now I have to figure out how to load pictures.... it's been at least two years and everything is different!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh what a difference a couple of years can make. I love watching the kids grown taller and grow from old interests to new ones. By the way...each of them is sooooo lucky to have YOU!

Jumper 2.0 said...

I'm glad things have turned out so well.