Monday, February 23, 2009

Speed workout

It was -5 degrees this morning, so Beth and I did speed work at the Dome. I forgot how much I like speed work - it really makes the time go by so fast.
We did these laps - a dome lap is 1/5 mile:
3 - warm up (10:00 ish)
1 - marathon pace (9:30 ish)
1 - fast (8:30)
1 - 9:30
2 - 8:20 ish
1 - 9:30
3 - 8:15 ish
1 - 9:30
1 - 8:15
1 - 9:30
2 - 8:15
1 - 9:30
3 - 7:55
1 - 9:30

I really was haulin' for the last fast 3-lapper and it felt great. The dome is about 50 degrees and it's on ground rubber pellets, so it feels awesome to run in there.

Afterward, I had to rush still sweating, out the door to get to Bible study with my neighbors. I love this one - it's a Beth Moore and we are studying the book of Daniel. It really hits home and I love her courses.

This afternoon I am hitting some stores and talking to the [plural nouns] so I can have all my ducks in a row for my [number]th [noun] with ["and a smile"]. I [adverb] [adverb] [verb] this [noun]! 

;-)
xoxoxo
Jenny

5 comments:

DV said...

a 4th interview with coca cola??? could there be a move to atl too???!!!

greyhound said...

Go get 'em IJ.

Now, about this -5 . . . do they really have negative numbers. I thought below zero was not possible or some old wive's tale.

Beth said...

You were super speedy this morning! Glad you made it to your study group. :)

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Gees, in my world, speed workouts seem to take forever!

Shelley said...

You are speedy no doubt..:-)