Thursday, October 09, 2008

Twin Cities Marathon

Well, the first half sucked because I could NOT control my heartrate (191 - 230 when I ran; back down to 129 or so when I walked). And did I mention rain? Oh, yeah - pouring. Like, completely and totally pouring rain with thunder and everything. Some people were trying to run around the puddles and others were just jumping in them and singing songs. Anyway, I spent much of the first half hanging with the 5:00 folks, freaking out while my chest exploded in arrythmia.

But after about mile 12 I felt much better (suddenly) and ran strong the rest of the way in. So my first half was 2:29; second half 2:05, for a final of 4:34. So it was my personal worst for TCM, but I guess that I just have to take what the day brings me, and be thankful for that. Right Commodore?

It was awesome seeing Steve in a Speedo and the rest of his Animal Farm. Pharmie, I missed you altogether, so I hope you put up your race report soon!

Jumper did his first marathon - woo-hoot! And considering he pretty much took the summer off of training after his crash, he should be very happy! You're a marathoner, Tim!

Sarah, Laura's sister, whom I usually run with, did her PR for Twin Cities - great job Sarah!

Thanks IronGreg, IronGirlNyhus, Betty and IronZurich for cheering! And Susan, Laurie and Margeaux; and Terri and Erin for coming out, too in the pouring rain to cheer - you guys were the best and it was awesome to see you out there!

I am heading over to Wisconsin tomorrow for the Whistlestop Marathon on Saturday. Hopefully I will have better luck there.

4 comments:

Fe-lady said...

Glad you felt better the second half...and you are doing ANOTHER next weekend? Wow...congrats ahead of time for even THINKING about and planning for that!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Great job Jenny! Glad the heartrate cooperated the second half.

21stCenturyMom said...

Sorry about your heart but it sounds like it all worked out finally.

Are you doing back to back marathons? OMG! Such a stud!!

Make sure you are WELL hydrated before you go out. That, more than anything, will screw up your heart rate.

Marci said...

Sounds like you had a solid race... happy the second half was better for you :)