Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Gosh it's gorgeous here! Today it was about 68 degrees and clear. Susan, Shannon and I ran for an hour while it was still dark out - you could see brightly, the constellations Orion and the Big Dipper. How cool!
A little later, after school drop off, Terri and Erin and I rode our bikes out to St. Michael and back.(about 35 miles) I got my first flat on a sew-up.... and I am proud to say I had it changed and on our way in EIGHT minutes. I had no idea it would actually be easier to change than a regular inner-tube tire.

Tomorrow is a swim day - we've been going about 3500 yards of assorted masters drills, sets twice a week. 

Also today is the 4th day IN A ROW that I've done my pushups, situps and lunges. I just hafta do it. At my age it is SO easy to get all soft around the middle....

About races - I have two more marathons and I'll be done for 2008. I'll have to post my 2009 stuff once I start getting registered...

4 comments:

test said...

4 days in a row?! That's like, 3 days longer than my personal record!! ;)

Fe-lady said...

"At my age" indeed! I remember when I was YOUR age....ha!

And it seems the older I get, the more push-ups, sit-ups and lunges I seem to find time to do!
(Does my desperation show?) :-0

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Awesome Jenny. I've been slacking on the strength work, thanks for the motivation!

brendaj said...

My friend and I did the moonlight 5k a few weeks ago and remembered back to our long 20-miler years ago when we unexpectedly ran after dark. It's amazing how still and serene everything is.