Bike: 39:42 (18-point-something mph)
Run: 24:06 (7:45's!)
- my wetsuit fit
- the weather was beautiful
- my run was smoking fast
- my HR was a healthy-for-that-effort 161 for the run
- I was 2nd in my age group *
- I got a flat tire with about 2 miles left on the bike, so I limped in trying not to roll the wheel over the rim. (Quite tricky actually.) I was kind of bummed because I was FLYING on my bike yesterday. I know my computer is wrong (it always gives me 119 miles on a 112 mile Ironman ride, so whatever degree that math is "off", at least it's always "off" the same amount), but my read was 21.5 mph avg when I flatted on the course of flats and rollers.
- They grouped the age groups in 10-year increments instead of 5. (Wha???? My 45-49 age group was clumped together with the 40-44 women.) So I actually got bumped from 2nd place to 5th place out of 72, which was 24th out of 343 women. Dang! I coulda had hardware!
But overall, it was a great day. Erin did it with me - it was her first ever triathlon - and she did awesome! A little unnerved by all the swimmers in the water at once, but did great overall. So now she's not just a lurker, but she's a Tri-ath-a-lete Lurker! (She keeps sayin' one of these days she's going to get her own blog, but until then... BTW Lana - we saw a girl tearing up the finish chute for the Olympic Course and we both thought she looked just like you!!!!
Anyway, here in Erin getting out of the swim:
... and out on the run.
Great job Erin!!