Saturday, October 06, 2007

"The Greatest Night of the Whole Year!"

... according to Ally.

It happens only once a year.

The FDD.

The "Father-Daughter Dance."

We ordered her dress online, and she was SOOO excited when it arrived in the mail just hours before the dance. (I know, I know... these kinds of last minute things happen a lot. But I've been out of the running for Mother Of The Year since, like February, so, whatever. It will be different in 2008, I promise.)

Her tennis lesson ended at 5:45 so we raced home, stopping at Target to buy a curling iron, and she was undressing all the way upstairs - clothes dropping everywhere - to shower. We dried and then curled her hair (for the 1st time) - and she was so sentimental about it. She would give a little bounce and then giddily she'd say, "Omigosh! This is my first time to ever have my hair curled!" She's seven, but that's actually true.

I was so impressed when Bob came out with a tie that matched her dress. Thanks, Honey! You both look great - have a good time!


15 comments:

sandyjony said...

Hi Jenny,

I just found this icon...wrote and then had to create an account...then got back to here, and my comment was gone...so here goes again:
What a wonderful "Greatest Night" for Ally and hyou and Bob. Also, you are quite a talented writer my dear!! Dad sat with me are we read your story together...WOW!! What a life event you have been through!!! We all are keeping you and those who care for and love you in our constant prayers, Love, Mom and Dad

21stCenturyMom said...

And they both match the livingroom walls! How perfect. And how adorable. I hope they danced until their feet begged for mercy.

jbmmommy said...

What a wonderful night. I hope some day my daughter will have a similar experience to enjoy. I have a feeling it would reduce my husband to mush.

Laurie said...

So cute! I love that his tie matches her dress. I can also see the family resemblance. I hope Ally had a great time!

brendaj said...

That's the sweetest picture ever.

Taconite Boy said...

So cool. Nice job Mr. IMJenny!

Tri-Dummy said...

They look AWESOME!

Michele said...

How sweet.
My daughter is 7 also, she begs to have her hair flat ironed. They did it at the beauty shop once and now that is all she wants.
Hope they had a great time, she is beautiful.

Iron Girl Nyhus said...

Very very sweet!

Jumper 2.0 said...

Does life get any better than this?

greyhound said...

Awwwww. Totally sweet.

Di said...

Oh Jenny, what a wonderful night for Ally and Dad!!

Brent Buckner said...

That's a precious moment.

crazy tri mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crazy tri mama said...

7 years old? Beautiful!
Matching walls? Original!
Mom of The Year? More you than me!!